29 August 2012

What's Next?

So, last night after watching TV and snacking away with Kelly, we both went to the toilet and brushed our teeth together. All of a sudden, she asked me a question that left me thinking. Actually two questions.
Her: Salaku ah, how old are you ah?
Me: Twenty-four lo. Why?
Her: Hah! You studied in KDU for one year d ah?
Me: *looks at her* No.. three years d okay!
Her: *raises one eyebrow*

Then, it hit me that it has been 3 years and now I've left college.

It has been really a ride. A crazy ride, for sure. And it's no surprise because we spent so much time with each other. I miss those times where we would just watch some Chinese comedy-dramas in class, teased each other, decided to skip class to watch a movie in Gurney, sleepover parties in that super awesome bungalow, the short road trips and simply matchmake our friends just cause they looked so cute together! 

Yes, we did have a lot of great times! But what is a ride if it only has its ups, right? Despite all the great times I had, there were also some really bad times where I honestly wished it never happened. But it did and it taught me lessons. Lots of tears and heartaches, but worth it because I've learnt. Special thanks to my newly married sister and ever-loving boyfriend.

In three years, my life has changed one hundred and eighty degrees. College is now a part of me that I will remember for a very long time. Why? Because I never expected to do this well (academically) here. I've always either slept in class or talking or watching Cougar Town with my Blackberry Bold. Okay, not that teruk la. I did study and do my work. 

It's just I never thought that I would ever be in that category. The 'First Class Honors' Category. No, I'm not trying to boast about it here. It really came to me as a shock. I was, of course, happy till no words, literally! And God has been so good because I would never be able to do whatever I did with all the dramas in college. And I am so not the typically studying type of girl. Heh. And I am beyond excited to go up that stage during convocation next month. I did my grandparents and parents proud :)

So, now college is over. What's next?

Ideal 'next' would be half a year or a year's break from everything and just enjoy. Go holidays and do nothing. But no, that's not what happened to me, sadly. I worked part-time at Dream Catcher (love this company to bits!) to earn some ka-ching ka-ching and then go for short trip holidays here and there. No major holidays, YET! This went on for like around 3-4 months. And then, with people asking me my plans for the future and stuff, I realized I would need to start sending out resumes and really think of where I wanna work. So, what I did was THINK. and no actions. No sending resumes. No asking around for vacancy. No nothing. Till Adrian also pek-chek with me. 

Then one day in Dream Catcher's office, I received a call from a lady. The lady explained where she was calling from and offered me a job. A 'sales-related' job. I politely asked if there was another vacancy as I wasn't really keen to go into sales. She said yes and asked if I could go in for an interview. Now, at the beginning when she was telling me where she called from, the moment she said Holiday Tours and Travel, my heart skipped a beat. Why?

Because I have always like tourism. Even before my 3 years degree started. God really do fulfil the deep desires of our hearts as long as we wait for Him. To cut the story short, I went to the interview and it was a good interview. She's such a great lady (btw, she's my manager now). I asked who gave her my contact details and she refused to tell me. Geram much. So now, here I am, a Sales Representative of Holiday Tours and Travel. A dream job, check! :)

Many people sure don't understand why I chose to work for this company when I can earn so much more if I work in investment banks, commercial banks or even other finance-related companies since I am a First Class Honors Student in a Finance degree. Very simple. It's because I choose to do what I love than to earn lots of money that can buy me many things and in the end hate what I do. Get it? :)

So, that's my 'next'! :)